Useful contacts - Torsion Students - Student Accommodation Coventry, Birmingham, Lincoln

These helpful contacts may come in handy during your time at University…

You can contact the Student Finance company on 0300 100 0607 they will be able to provide more information on eligibility or payment dates.

To contact Ask4 you can either call them on 0114 303 3232 or email them on

For help with stress and your mental health contact Mind (Mental Health) on 0845 766 0163. For help and support with controlled substances please contact National Drugs Awareness on 0800 776 600.

To contact the emergency services (Fire Service, Police, Ambulance and Coast Guard) dial 999.

For non-emergency police assistance please call 101

When should I use 101?

You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your area
  • To give the police information about crime in your area
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry you may have
  • You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.

To contact the NHS for non-emergency medical advice and assistance, dial 111

Call 111 if:

  • you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

For less urgent health needs, contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way. If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you're concerned about your condition, continue to use that number. For immediate life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.