Torsion Students is proud to agree to the principals required by the ANUK Code of Standards. Fully supported by NUS, the National Code is voluntary and aimed at both educational establishments and private sector suppliers. Those who join make a commitment to provide students with a first-class housing service and agree to provide information, reassurance and a clear procedure if a dispute occurs.
Living in a building covered by the Code means:
- Best practice day-to-day management is supported and recognised.
- Your contract is clearly written, stating what you are paying for and how much your rent is, with reasonable terms and no hidden costs.
- Your accommodation should be fully prepared for you when you arrive to take up residence.
- Your accommodation meets with a set of nationally recognised standards with respect to services, furniture and fittings.
- Repairs and maintenance are carried out within the agreed timescales.
- Your building will meet with, and exceed, the required health and safety standards.
- You will be given information to explain what management routines are followed in the buildings.
- There is a set procedure for dealing with any disputes or complaints.